Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Golden Run

Last night's run was what we analytical chemists call a golden run. This means that all the analytes that I needed to analyze for, for each sample, had the yellow highlighter run over them on the cover page of the lab report. The yellow highlighter means that the result is good to go and I don't need to reanalyze. This has only happened one other time in the year I have been running the mass spec.
Talk about staying steady, the mass spec was on point for at least 12 to 14 hours. Now, sales people for mass specs say their instruments can stay "in cal." for like 2 or 3 days. What they don't tell is they are analyzing nice clean pretty sample in D.I. water. Get some real samples in there with loads of salt or suspended solids and your instrument might not make it past the first sample like that.

In the lab_,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother suggested I may like this blog. He was once entirely right.
This submit actually made my day. You cann't believe simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

my site; Minecraft 1.5 Part 1

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I'm inspired! Very helpful info particularly the ultimate part :) I take care of such information much. I was looking for this particular information for a very long time. Thanks and best of luck.

My site Bukkit Tutorial Series

yanmaneee said...

yeezy shoes
fila
goyard
yeezy boost 500
adidas yeezy
nike air max
louboutin shoes
converse outlet
fitflops sale clearance
jordan shoes